Welcome to the Badger Chapter of the National Agri-Marketing Association
Badger NAMA is the Wisconsin chapter of the National Agri-Marketing Association. Members are involved in marketing at many levels – industry, agency, association or media – and run the gamut from students to C-level executives. The common thread that joins us is a love of agriculture, a career in marketing and a desire to never stop learning.
Badger chapter holds a number of educational and social networking events throughout the year, in addition to an annual golf outing in early June. Recent events include a bus tour to Warrens, Wis., to learn about Wisconsin’s cranberry industry, a producer panel on social media use, a tour of Hampel’s production facility and a panel of Milwaukee area consumer media professionals.
Activities and programs for the Badger Chapter are guided by the Badger NAMA Executive Board which can be found on the contact page.
Next Event Coming Soon
In today’s competitive agri-marketing environment, it’s more important than ever that you stay connected to colleagues in the industry… for ideas, information and advancement. That’s where the National Agri-Marketing Association (NAMA) comes in! Connect with other leading industry professionals – in marketing, advertising, public relations, media and more – to gain a unique perspective you simply can’t find elsewhere.
10 Reasons to join NAMA!
1. Connections – With NAMA, you’ll have regular opportunities to network with colleagues, customers and prospects within 24 chapters in six regions nationwide.
2. Ideas – There’s no better place to get the most recent industry innovations than through NAMA. At regular NAMA meetings, you can learn what’s working – and what’s not – from agri-marketing’s leading professionals.
3. Recognition – As a member of NAMA, you can gain exposure and recognition through the industry’s leading awards program – Best of NAMA.
4. Events – If you’re ready to “see and be seen,” then you won’t want to miss the Agri-Marketing Conference held annually in April and the NAMA Boot Camp and Fall Conference.
5. Professional Development – Seminars and webinars, as well as regular chapter meetings, cater to the unique needs of professionals in areas such as Marketing Communications; Product/Species Management; Public Relations and Sales.
6. Industry News – Stay “in the know” with a complimentary subscription to Agri Marketing magazine, NAMA’s electronic newsletter and a special Members Only section of National NAMA’s website.
7. Contacts – NAMA members receive the National Membership Directory… highly regarded as the most comprehensive directory of agri-marketers available.
8. Leadership Experience – Make the most of your membership by taking a leadership role on the chapter, regional or national levels. Several Leadership Workshops are offered annually to prepare new leaders and enrich the overall experience.
9. Mentor Opportunities – The student NAMA program has more than 30 student chapters in universities nationwide, which provide ample opportunity to share your enthusiasm for – and knowledge of – agri-marketing with young people.
10. Influence – NAMA members work together to improve the standards of practice… and learn new – and innovative – approaches to industry challenges.
Joining NAMA is simple. Just click here and you’re on your way!
Questions? Contact Badger NAMA Membership Chair Rebecca Gunderson (Email).
Badger NAMA encourages all members to take advantage of the high-quality, professional programming available at NAMA events, such as the Fall Conference and Agri Marketing Conference. To help our members take advantage of this opportunity, our chapter will be awarding a scholarship to an active member whose participation at NAMA events is not financially supported by their employer.
Click HERE to download the 2019 National Conference Brochure.
- A $750 scholarship will be awarded to offset both registration and travel costs.
- An applicant must be a Badger Chapter member.
- Applications must be received 60 days prior to the start of the event.
- Registration, hotel and travel arrangements must be made by the winning applicant.
- The winner is expected to attend the entire event.
- The winner must show proof of conference registration, reservation at the event’s hotel as well as receipts for travel costs to receive reimbursement.
- The winner agrees to provide a blog post about their experience for the Badger NAMA blog. Facebook content would also be welcomed.
- Applicant’s company must not have paid for an employee to attend a national NAMA event in the last five years.
- Badger NAMA Board of Directors will determine if/how many any scholarships will be awarded.
- Winners will be notified at least 45 days prior to the event.
Applications must be received by 60 days prior to the event start.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Kristi Olson, Filament Marketing
Jake Wolter, Bader Rutter
Secretary & Best of NAMA Co-Chair
Sarah Kutz, Filament Marketing
Sami Benz, Botham, INK.
Rebecca Ivey, CNH Industrial America
Kate Jaeger, John Deere
Chrissy Long, Landmark Services Cooperative
Student Chapter Liaison, UW-Madison
Katie Ertmer, Filament Marketing
Student Chapter Liaison, UW-Platteville
Kelly Smith, Virbac
For general inquiries, please submit your request below: